The next day I met up with my other cycling buddy Lance Abernethy. We were stationed together at the Training Center in Yorktown. Lance is a Master Chief in the Coast Guard and owns my old Specialized Allez Festina (I had 2 of them). We went out for crab cakes at this place called TIMBUKTU".
Then my last day there I grabbed a beer with my old Race Across America bike race team mate Carl Wilson. Carl is now a LT in the Coast Guard and actually paid for the beers! Now that's what a call a good LT! His prior enlisted side took over! I finally left at o dark thirty and flew back to Hawaii. I was only in home for 3 days then had to fly to San Diego for another conference. Met up with my family who I haven't seen in 15 years! My Uncle Gene and Aunt Carmen took all of us out to Red Lobster for dinner. my 2 cousins Andie, Genie and her 2 sons joined us also. The boys have gotten big! I still like hanging around with Jordan and Keoni.
On the last night there, had sushi with Jamie and Michell Simko. Jamie and I used to be Law Enforcement Instructors at my last unit and he left the Coast Guard and works for the Border Patrol in San Diego. It was great meeting up with old friends again!

No comments:
Post a Comment