Tuesday, December 18, 2007

THE FALL OF BROKEN PARTS - ARMSTRONG JOINS HACC?

Got the new Litespeed together for its maiden voyage today's Tuesday lunchtime hammerfest. Just as I was about to roll out, I decided to tighten down the clamp bolts on my stem. In just 2 easy turns I heard a SNAP! Normally "Oh Shit" always follows...


I snapped the titanium bolt in the threaded part of the stem. Now I have to use an EZ out to remove it. Luckily I had a spare stem laying around, 3 bolts and I was off again. I was highly impressed on the stiffness and mostly the handling response of the bike. I managed to stay in the lead pack and close several attacks as well as bring my good buddy Steve back to the pack. I think I have found my last bike...

4 days ago I exploded my new Trail Rat lighting system but was told it was covered under warranty. In the last month I have broken:
1. ITM Magnesium Stem ($250.00)
2. Nite Rider Light ($180.00)
3. IBIKE Pro Powermeter ($399.00)
4. Specialized Festina Frame ($1500.00, my cousin broke it)
5. Gil Loomis's Will! (LOL)

BTW Hickam Area Cycling Club's newest member? Lance Armstrong! Our buddy Steve Franklin is deployed overseas and Lance Armstrong and Robin Williams made a visit to the troops. Glad that your still safe over there Steve!


1 comment:

  1. Hey, I didn't break your bike; I can't help it if you gave me a defective bike to ride!

    ReplyDelete