HAPPY AS A PIG IN SH*T!
WEEKEND RIDE
INTERNET TALK SHOW SCHEDULED
WEEKEND RIDE
INTERNET TALK SHOW SCHEDULED

Its been a roller coaster of a week! So lets rewind a bit and start from Monday. The beginning of the week was really busy at the office. I was all set to head out for my weekly lunchtime ride when an applicant of another recruiter walks in. I couldn't leave him hanging so I ended up missing the ride. I was a bit grumpy since my last ride was on Saturday several days prior. On Weds I ended up working late so still another ride day lost. Thursday I was all set to head out when my Senior Chief called me into his office. "Ben, this email just arrived stating you will be transferring in 9 months. I sat there confused and told myself WTF?
I knew I was up for transfer next June but I was told that I had a 2 year extension. Went home and thought about where I should go. Since the Special Assignments Detailer was releasing me, that meant back to flying Search and Rescue C-130's. Problem was I havent flew in 9 years. There were only 5 places I could be re-assigned.
1. Barbers Point, Hawaii
2. Sacramento, California
3. Clearwater, Florida
4. Elizabeth City, North Carolina
5. Kodiak, Alaska (Ewwwwww)
Before I left the office I emailed a couple of friends and the Special Assignments Detailer and explaining my extended absence from the Aviation Community. Went home thinking that I gotta start packing in several months, (aprox. 9) from now. Friday morning I knew that I was gonna recieve a response either way regarding this issue. I decided to go in early to catch up on work. I was at my desk no more than 2 mins and the phone rings... 202 Area code, that's Coast Guard HQ! I answer the phone and its my Branch Cheif, and he explains my situation. Then the phone call ends with... I know for sure you got at least a year extension! Maybe 2, I'll send you an email later today. I was so stoked and grateful that several co-workers gave me a high recommendation. At 0900 I received confirmation, I was approved for an 2 year extension! I guess it will be here in Hawaii. This will take me to my retirement to 2012!
Saturday Ride
Pending weather
Sunday Metric Century
Meet at the Gas Station prior to the Haleiwa Bridge at 0700
email me for info!
On April 30, 2009 I will be doing a candid internet radio show hosted by my cousin in San Diego. It will be live, candid and off the wall chat! 1 hour segment 6-7pm Hawaii Time, 9-10pm West Coast Time. I highly encourage you to call in! For more details check out:
http://smoothdrama.com/
See you on the 30th of April!

Ben, So AWESOME that you are going to be HI for two more years. I am thinking I may need a place to crash after they kick me out. Do you and Maya have room for me??????
ReplyDelete