Tuesday, March 25, 2008

BIKE BUILD PART 1 - HACC TUESDAY LUNCH RIDE

I had numerous questions about the status of my replacement frame. Last November my cousin Steve who was visiting from PA was using my Specialized Festina Allez. He broke the rear chain stay and the Bike Shop did a warranty exchange with a red Specialized Allez. It's a cool looking frame but I still miss the awesome deep blue paint job on my old frame. I decided that I should finish up the build. I had some extra parts laying around the house.




I threw on some FSA Team Issue carbon cranks. The brakes are titanium BRS 200. ITM "The Stem" magnesium (90 grams), Campagnolo titanium seat post and a SLR seat. The fork is a all carbon and a campy record front derailleur. I will top off the shifting system with some campy record 10 speed shifters and a Kestrel carbon handlebar. All I need now is a 10 speed chain, rear derailleur, and it should be done. Unlike Shaka T, I haven't spent any money on parts yet except for a carbon cage ($35.00)! Now I need some tires like Dev and Jeff to go on a spare set of Mavic Krysirium SL's. I have been riding my Litespeed quite a bit and my other Specialized Tarmac has been sitting. I think I'll ride it this week!
Today was our normal Tuesday lunch ride. For those who want a superb workout at lunch and you are near Hickam AFB, you need to check this ride out. It's basically an hour of power! about 20 miles of intense attacks, sprints and breakaways. Normally we have about 12-15 riders that show up. Today's ride started early about mile 5 when John Girmsey stired up the group. I stuck to Bryant's wheel and got away with 4 other riders. Check out Dev's Blog (link is on the right sidebar). If you want to get fast, this is the ride!





2 comments:

  1. Ben,
    That's some serious hardware! It must be challenging just trying to decide which bike to ride.
    Where did you find the downhill descent during today's ride to hit 33.7 mph? I could have sworn it was flat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you gave me a defective bike to ride! I can't help it if it can't handle real power!

    I thought you said your Tuesday ride's have some sprints in them (your highest Wattage is only 833).

    ReplyDelete