Its been 2 weeks since I brought Maya home. She has taught me a lot in the past 14days. Living alone and having a puppy is more work then I thought! But she has been an absolute joy and it's all worth it. The first 3 days were the toughest at night as I got maybe 2 hours sleep daily. She wasn't used to being separated from the pack and cried quite a bit. She has adapted crate training and I got her on a schedule to use the potty whenever I take her out. At 6 weeks, I am very impressed. She is now in the chewing mode and I am trying to prevent her from chewing on my zipp wheels and carbon frames!
Next week she starts her obedient training course and this should be fun. Soon she will be able to fetch my race wheels and change a cogset on for me. Heck forget the Frisbees! I am glad that I purchased her and she's fun to have around!
Maya's Routine:
Eat, poop, eat, chew, run, play, eat, pee, and poop
Ben's Routine:
Feed, pick up poop, prevent chewing, chase, rest, feed, watch her pee, pick up poop
I can squeeze in a run and bike run in between sometimes!
The last month I have laced up the running shoes and decided to get back into some running. I have been consistant with my running partners Dev and Jeff so today I treated myself to the new Garmin 405! This little thing rocks! Everything is wireless and its both bike and running with a heart rate monitor. Should be a useful tool I can use.

LOL...she doesn't look like she's missing any meals! Marita says "Welcome to parenthood. Just wait until she's a teenager!" I'm glad to see you still have time for a bike ride/run every now and then.
ReplyDeleteFeed, pick up poop, prevent chewing, chase, rest, feed, watch her pee, pick up poop
ReplyDeleteI just saw a porn on the internet just like that...
did you consider the polar s635x?
ReplyDeleteI'm getting a pretty good deal on one, but still considering Garmin.
mark