Sunday, June 29, 2008

ROUBAIX GOOD AS GOLD - KALAELOA CRIT COURSE PREVIEW


I am so glad that last weeks issues are done and gone. I decided to take a break from racing this weekend and work on finishing the assembly of the Specialized Roubaix Pro. I installed the ceramic bottom bracket and pulley's. They look so cool being gold! Top everything off with some Campy Chorus 10 speed and she is looking gooood! Threw on SLR seat which sits on top of a USE Alien carbon seat post. Now here comes the part that blew me away..




The only thing missing from the bike is a chain and a cogset. We threw this puppy on the scale and it read 13.8 pounds! I re calibrated the scale and it read the same. So, I had Rider B step on and get his weight. He then stepped back on with the bike and it was 13.8 pounds. I am pretty sure that this build will be under 15 pounds when complete.


This morning I joined Rider A Rider B to preview the State Crit Course. When we got there a local triathlon was on the course so we warmed up on the Kalealoa Road Race course. After the tri was completed we headed back to the crit course. I must say that the road surface is a little shitty. Then I heard that the age groups will be in 10 year increments versus 5 year. I know for a fact per USA Cycling Rules that State Championships must be in 5 year increments. So I may just relax and sit this one out also. The racing scene has gotten a little crazy lately!


6 comments:

  1. Ben, nice bike and I really like the gold ceramic pulleys. Good ride this morning as always and I feel like that was one of the better days of training I've had in a long time on the bike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Paris Hilton would say, "That's hot." Your habit of building a new bike every month is really tempting me to go pay The Bike Shop's rent. I want a carbon frame and some Campy components!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was in the bike shop yesterday I asked Mel when he would be getting the 2009 bikes in and he said hopefully next week. And he said Dev was next for an upgrade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ben, I could break her in for ya this Thursday on the ride around the Island. What say you???

    ReplyDelete
  5. gold is right! ya need a gold chris king top cap though.

    as for state crit age group... there's no usa cycling rule for a crit c'ship where they'd have to use 5yr increments. that only applies to state RR and individual TT. Even categories for state TTT are wishy washy and pretty much up to the organizer. just go there, and tear it up with the new bling'd horse!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice....
    just got my frame in. Looked like 1020g for a 56cm frame sans fork. Stiff as heck, when I test road their 54 in the shop.

    what was your frame weight?

    ReplyDelete