Tuesday, October 14, 2008

5 SISTERS - VISITORS - BIG ISLAND TRIP - COOKIE!

HILO BAY, HAWAII - CAREER FAIR

FRIDAY OCT. 10
This was one of the busiest 3 day weekend I have had in awhile. Visitors from D.C., bike rides, and flying to the Big Island on Columbus Day for work. Saturday morning Dev and I decided to do a 50 miler up to Schofield, Kole Kole Pass and back to Hickam. We were running a little late since Chief forgot his ID card in his CAC reader. We were scheduled to meet Craig Peters and Shane Neal in Waipahu about 0645. We were still at the stadium area at that time so I told Dev I was going to hammer towards Waipahu. We arrived near the high school in about 18 mins! Good hard effort!

SATURDAY OCT. 11
We met up with Craig and Austin (army surgeon) and rode to Wendy's to meet Shane. We waited for about 10 mins and decided that he may have missed the ride. Overall it was a good easy 50 miler. Hauled ass home and had to pick up my buddy Lance who would arrive from D.C. for a week. Got him home and his boss wanted to ride with us on Sunday (5 sister climbs) so he needed to rent a bike. We met Wil at the Bike Shop and got him all set up.

SUNDAY OCTOBER 12
We were scheduled for a 0615 departure to climb 5 sisters. Jeff, Wade, Lance. Dev, Wil and myself were ready to have a great ride. At 0600 Will calls from the H1 saying that they shut part of the freeway down for an accident. Wil was coming from the Hilton Hawaiian Village but I said not to worry we will wait and we had a departure of 0630. We had a blast and everyone had a great ride. It was an all SPECIALIZED SHOW,
2 Tarmac SL2's
2 Roubaix's
2 Allez's

Monday Oct. 13
I got up at 0400 to get ready for my 0700 flight to Hilo, Hawaii. I was scheduled to attend a career fair at the University of Hilo for a couple of hours. At first when I received the request, I wondered who has school on a holiday? I stayed until 2pm and before heading back to the airport a must stop at Big Island Candies. They make an awesome short bread dipped cookies on site. They have a variety ox that has kona coffee, macadamia nut, dark chocolate dipped cookies! I guarantee you cant eat just one!

The Famous Big Island Shortbread Dipped Cookie! Variety Pack!


The cookies run about $20.00 a box but money well spent! It's like a MUST when you fly into Hilo. You are able to see the workers dip the cookies which is a great selling point. As I always say, "sell the sizzle, not the steak". Got on my flight an lucked out on a first class seat so beer was free to end my day. The chief provided me a ride home and I thought my work day was complete...

Dev "Missile Commander" decided to replace a shift cable and had an issue with the cable end being stuck in SRAM Red shifter. I went over and bike looked like a initial assembly! Handle bar tape off, housing off, cable off etc. Got him all set up and bike done within a cup of coffee and ice cream sandwich. I decided to take a couple days of leave this week to make up time lost of doing nothing. So, it's now time to...
DO NOTHING!


1 comment:

  1. Oh yes...BIC is always a stop when I go to the big island. Yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete