CAPTAIN'S HONOLULU VISIT
Chief Nelson Girot, Petty Officer Sambrano, Mrs. Vanderplas, Captain Vanderplas, Chief Santorum and Command Master Chief Gordy Yowell
Today my office met with our Commanding Officer, Captain Vanderplas (O-6) and Command Master Chief, Gordy Yowell (E-9) from Washington, D.C. We had a great office visit and both of them were highly impressed on how the office is progressing. We talked about office marketing / strategic planning, command support, quality of life and 2009 office goals. We cgot caught up in the meting that we forgot about lunch, well I didn't! I ended up opening some honey roasted mac nuts. Once they had some I knew someone would say lets get some lunch!
Well, the Captain and his wife wanted seafood so off to Sam Choy's we went at 1500. So pretty much late lunch early dinner.
Tomorrow the Captain and Master Chief leave for Guam then back to Honolulu on Thursday night. I was asked by the Captain to schedule a tour at the Honolulu MEPS where I served as the Coast Guard Liaison for 2 years. Saturday Master Chief and myself pick up our marathon packet, "D" Day is about here!
Today my office met with our Commanding Officer, Captain Vanderplas (O-6) and Command Master Chief, Gordy Yowell (E-9) from Washington, D.C. We had a great office visit and both of them were highly impressed on how the office is progressing. We talked about office marketing / strategic planning, command support, quality of life and 2009 office goals. We cgot caught up in the meting that we forgot about lunch, well I didn't! I ended up opening some honey roasted mac nuts. Once they had some I knew someone would say lets get some lunch!
Well, the Captain and his wife wanted seafood so off to Sam Choy's we went at 1500. So pretty much late lunch early dinner.
Tomorrow the Captain and Master Chief leave for Guam then back to Honolulu on Thursday night. I was asked by the Captain to schedule a tour at the Honolulu MEPS where I served as the Coast Guard Liaison for 2 years. Saturday Master Chief and myself pick up our marathon packet, "D" Day is about here!

No comments:
Post a Comment