Sunday, December 7, 2008

TIME TO BUCKLE DOWNPowering through the headwind, legs feel and look strong these days!

Went on a 50 mile yesterday with Dev from Hickam to Barbers Point. Saw Casey and Mike Zagorski on Kamehameha Hwy going the opposite direction. Casey was doing an around the island ride and invited me the day prior but my Command Master Chief (E9) and Commanding Officer were arriving at the airport after lunch. I have been spending some time on the Transition and I cant stop talking about how great it feels under me. I have noticed a substantial increase of speed an
d power and my legs are starting to feel a lot stronger. Still have to maintain the base miles as well as the power training Dev and I have been doing. Seems to be paying off but just need to be patient and don't get caught in the hammer fests this time of year."Double Vission"

Got to White Plains Beach and place was packed! Surf contest or something going on. We racked the bikes, filled up with fluids and headed back. Had a good week of cycling with over 200 miles. Pretty much got in at least 40 miles everyday which several of them training after sunset with my lights. Also got in several runs plus a 11 miler at race pace. December has gotten off to a great start, oh did I mention that damn marathon next week? OUCH!

It's gonna be a busy week as my boss from HQ's is out visiting for a site visit.

4 comments:

  1. Damn dude! You taking steroids?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're wearing my new team kit! I'm working on that pair of socks!

    alex boyd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zander! I support you so I fly the Rock Racing colors all the time! Congrats on getting picked up by the "Bad Boys". Keep me posted and kick some serious ass in 2009!

    Ben

    ReplyDelete