Tuesday, January 6, 2009

FOOD POISON - BREAKING PARTS AGAIN

This has been another tough week! Let's start with current news... Yesterday I went home for lunch to eat leftovers. 30 mins after eating I felt queasy and sick to my stomach. I laid down and felt bad the rest of the night. After hours of stomach issues and vomiting, I knew I had food poisoning. Took the day off work and stayed in bed all day. Thanks to Jeff for dropping off Amodium AD, salt crackers, ginger ale, club soda and excedrin. I feel alot better then I did last night. Thanks Jeff!

Yesterday I was messing with my bike stem trying to get a lower front. While tightening I heard a loud snap! The stem broke on the opposite side of the bolts. Shit! This is a magnesium stem made by ITM. They normally run about $300.00 or so and weigh a scant 90 grams. I guess having it break while doing maint. is alot better of it failing during a ride. aka: face plant or a gouged chest for starters. I ordered a new stem (not carbon) which should arrive in a few days.
On another note, I got an email from HQ's requesting my career intentions. I am up for transfer next year and need to decide if I want a extension here, re tour, or transfer to another office. Big decision needs to be made before the 22nd of January.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you really have a choice in staying in paradise or going elsewhere? Tell 'em:"Thanks, I'll stay for the duration... get back to you in 2020." What do you mean, precisely, when you say "leftovers?" How long had they been left? I did my semi-annual bike cleaning last week, the only time I mess with my bike, so I really don't emphasize with those who can't leave well enough alone:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ben, Ben, Ben....Tell them that you want to stay in HI only if your new boss is ME!!! If you come to DC, you can train me again, drop me again, meet the Prez....both from HI!!!

    ReplyDelete