HAWAII MEALS ON WHEELS
It's been another busy week for me and lets see where I should start. Back in November 2008 my co-workers and myself were considering on some charity work in which would allow us to give back to the community. Hawaii Meals on Wheels had delivered food to my Uncle prior to his passing. I decided to go for the plunge and take part of delivering hot meals to individuals who cannot drive or cook a meal. Today I had an orientation at the Manoa Family Church and got to meet the other volunteers for 2009.
It was pretty cool listening about some of the stories on the experiences volunteers had. I requested to deliver meals every other Fridays in the Pearl City / Aiea area. I am looking fwd to this! This will also allow me the oppurtunity to take along CG applicants and hometown recruiters to see how fortunate they are. I believe that this experience will also allow them to be better individuals and point them in the right direction for their military career.
It's been another busy week for me and lets see where I should start. Back in November 2008 my co-workers and myself were considering on some charity work in which would allow us to give back to the community. Hawaii Meals on Wheels had delivered food to my Uncle prior to his passing. I decided to go for the plunge and take part of delivering hot meals to individuals who cannot drive or cook a meal. Today I had an orientation at the Manoa Family Church and got to meet the other volunteers for 2009.
It was pretty cool listening about some of the stories on the experiences volunteers had. I requested to deliver meals every other Fridays in the Pearl City / Aiea area. I am looking fwd to this! This will also allow me the oppurtunity to take along CG applicants and hometown recruiters to see how fortunate they are. I believe that this experience will also allow them to be better individuals and point them in the right direction for their military career.
No comments:
Post a Comment