Friday, May 15, 2009

JUST GIMME THEM BLUE SUEDE SHOES!
UMMMM, I MEANT RED!

SATURDAY RIDE DEPARTURE 0600 FROM HICKAM


I was surfing Ebay (bad thing to do after having a couple of beers! I ran across the new SRAM Wheel sets, basically Zipp Flashpoint rim with Sram hubs and decals. The auction included FREE SHIPPING and we all know that a set of wheels shipped to Hawaii are around $70.00. Plus the wheels were $500.00 cheaper than retail. Since I am in dire straits of a new wheel set, I took the plunge! Splash into the "BUY IT NOW" option!

These wheels will be my training and racing wheels for my Specialized SL2. I also want to thank Grant Miller owner of the Bike Works in Kailua-Kona who hooked me up with some 172.5 BB30 crankset. These will replace my current 170.0 length that came on the SL2. My other bikes are equipped with longer cranks. Should be here Monday.

Note the Sram Red Frogs... Ribet, Ribet, Ribet! These wheels really match the bike!


Gold looks nice....


SATURDAY RIDE TIME HAS BEEN PUSHED UP TO 6AM DEPARTURE FROM HICKAM TO BARBERS POINT!

1 comment:

  1. Really nice looking wheels! But my imagination is not wide enough to believe you could really be in "dire straits" for any bike part. "Dire Desire" might be more precise.

    ReplyDelete