I'll start with yesterday's insane lunchtime ride... It was the fastest that the group has ever done and most of us were left in oxygen debt. I decided to follow Casey's wheel from the start because he has been riding extremely fast. We were moving at a tempo pace through housing. I turned around and noticed that the group was single file and knew that they would be chasing. Habi bridged up and went off the front. Casey and myself throttled back and kept the group at 19mph. Once we reached the Officer's Club it was game on as usual! I was lucky to have caught a draft behind a car and was drafting at near 36mph. I was unlucky when I hit the only pothole on the course. I hit it so hard that I bit my tongue and ruined my Mavic Krysirum rear wheel. I kept on drafting then when I shifted into the 12 cog, my chain got stuck between the frame and cog. I had to pull over and yank it off. The group passed me like the millennium falcon at hyper speed! Damn!

I got home and inspected the bike. I found 3 things wrong. The rear hanger was off and had to be bent back with my old trusty cresent wrench. The rear wheel was not true and hitting the brake pads. I have never seen a Mavic Krysiruim wheel go off true until yesterday. I guess I was due to break something this month. Casey emailed me last night and saw the new Krysiruim ES wheels on sale at Nashbar. I went to the site and it was 65% off! A $500.00 wheel at that price was to great of a deal to pass up. What the heck, I went for it. Now I need to find a front wheel. I'll take my other wheel to the Bike Shop and see if they can salvage it.

No comments:
Post a Comment