skip to main |
skip to sidebar
TANTALUS CLIMBS - SUNDAY RIDE ANYONE - LOST TRAILER
We had a great turnout this morning as Scott, Girmsey, Tony, Steve x 2, Jeff x 2, and myself showed up at Hickam at 0630. We had a great ride over to Tantalus where the group did 2 loops and Kimsey, Chirco, and Girmsey did 3. Dev was sporting his brand spanking new FSA compact cranks with ceramic bearings. Jeff had some new ceramic rear derailleur pulleys. I guess ceramic is the way to go and I need to look more into them prior to my purchase. I was feeling great this morning and had some good power. Last week my cousin Steve gave me a hard time about some wattage. So this morning I did some hard attacks just enough to bring my wattage up a bit! I think thats saying 19% cousin., man, it sure was warm. 78 degrees again! How cold is Philly? LOL!
I am planning on doing the Sunday early morning ride from Hickam Gym to Lagoon Drive and Ford Island. If anyone is interested in going let me know in the comment area. Start time is now 0630. I was going through my files and ran across this video shot of my good buddy Steve on Maui. The story goes, Steve forgot to make the right hand turn out of Pai'a and continued straight. He ended up about 17 miles off course and 2,000 feet of extra climbing. He popped smoke and the Coast Guard was there to get him to the group. Debbie Kimsey conducted the interview!
That's a little more respectable power maximum!
ReplyDeleteThe thermometer on the car read 32 degrees at the start of today's race!
Ben,
ReplyDeleteI'll show up at 0630 for some foundation miles. What is the 19.3?
MPH while climbing?
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteDEV, THE 19.3 WAS MAX PERCENT GRADE. IS JEFF RIDING ALSO? GET HIM TO JOIN US!
ReplyDelete