Saturday, April 26, 2008

HARD INTERVALS - A CRASH - AND A NEW... UM...


This morning I met up with Casey, Dev, and Jeff at the Hickam Gym for some interval training on Ford Island. We headed out at 0645 and the weather was great! We got to Ford Island and plan was to ride 10 intervals - sprints at 110%. It was a give it all you got training ride. We warmed up by doing 2 loops and to check out any safety conditions of the road. On our first lap we rolled out and at the sprint point everything went loose! We were tightly bunch ramping up when Casey threw his chain. Next thing I know he was swerving left, then right. Sort of like a NASCAR race when the cars get loose with no traction. He went down hard but then everything was rolling into my path! The bike and Casey was just inches from hitting me that I unclipped and threw my left leg up to buy some extra space. Something barely hit me but I was able to keep upright. Sad part is that he was riding his Mavic Carbones. When he crashed, the reflector on the road caught the carbon and ripped a hole into it. OUCH! He has his first set of road rash but is okay. 3 days ago, he did install his new crank set and maybe the derailleur needed an adjustment.

We were able to finish the other 9 intervals with Dev and Jeff which they did extremely well and I see their speed increasing on the rides! Jeff was talking bout a new bike or frame. I think he should get one since he is riding extremely well. Tomorrow a bunch of us will be riding the Haleiwa Metric Century on the North Shore, Well, speaking of bikes...














I went to the bike shop today, I'm going to say just
one word, "Gerolstiener" and I'll let you draw your own conclusion...













THIS IS MY LAST FRAME, YOU HAVE MY WORD!













For Sale

52cm Specialized Allez S-Works Frame Set (frame and fork only). Retailed at 1,200.00. Got this as an replacement frame when I broke my other bike. Ridden 2x and is in brand new condition. No chips, dents or flaws. Asking $600.00, email me if interested at bensambrano@gmail.com

6 comments:

  1. Damn, you boys crash more than a Cat 5 race on a rainy day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ride today, Ben! Thanks for the help and training advice...hitting the hills tomorrow. I must stop kidding about sneaking a new bike past my wife because she is encouraging me to buy newer stuff. I just take forever to "pull the trigger!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to add....GREAT PICTURE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are Cat 5's... Don't hate! Wanna check out my shinny new medal? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have got to be kidding! I suppose you can never have enough...frames? That's going to be a sweet build. Where can I get me some of those personalized name decals???

    ReplyDelete