Sometimes life puts you back in perspective. This morning my Commanding Officer from the Honolulu MEPS held her retirement ceremony on board the U.S.S Missouri aka "The Mighty Mo".
LCDR Vivar wanted her Service Liaisons to pass the flag Old Glory. I was honored as there has never been a joint service flag passing. I was the second in line and the first one to start the salute.
With Lee Greenwood's "Proud To Be An American plays in the background, I was proud to not only be a part of the ceremony but to be an American who stepped up for their country. As I received the flag, my eyes got watery. With Military Appreciation week fourth coming, I ask you to thank a service member when you see them.
Outside the entrance to the U.S.S. Missouri a very cool but somber memorial for the U.S.S. Oklahoma. For each military member who gave their life during the attack on Pearl Harbor a name and rank on white stone stands.
On another note, with my weight dropping I decided that my knees would be able to handle the pounding again. I left the house for a 30 min run this morning. Was feeling pretty darn good so I continued and ended up with a solid hour. My Command Master Chief in D.C. emailed me to do the marathon this year with him. So it looks like it's time to start getting serious once again.
USAC STATE TIME TRIAL CHAMPIONSHIP 2026
2 months ago

Thank you!
ReplyDeleteBen that was just amazing and all you service members look very sharp. I cried when I watched this video.
Nice job Ben.
ReplyDeleteDev
Gook luck!
ReplyDeleteGreat blog!