

Last night before going to bed I drove past the gas station on base. I said "I'll fill up in the morning". Woke up and the price shot up 3 cents! That's up 10 cents in a week. I have been driving my Ford Focus Wagon most of the time. My Ford F-150 would take about $110.00 to fill er up!
This morning several of us rode what we nicknamed the 3 sister climbs. Aiea Heights Drive, Camp Smith and AMR. Ben Abney, Jeff Soots, Casey Tucker, Dev Andrews, and myself rolled out from the Hickam Gym at 0600 sharp. Dev and Jeff has never ridden on this course so it should be fun watching them climb! It was a great morning and the weather was perfect. We got to the top, snapped some pics and headed down.
We proceeded to over to Camp Smith and rode to the men's tee (all the way to the end). Jeff and Dev climbed very well and it shows how well their training is progressing. I was VERY impressed! And for the first time I saw Jeff dripping with sweat!
After the ride I went to pick up Maya from the Waianae coast. She is doing very well and seems to be adjusting to her new home extremely well. Casey bought her a sleep bed and she just loves it. I can set her in there anywhere in the house and she will fall asleep in it. I tried her cage for the first time and she never cried. Tonight and tomorrow will be the big test when I have to go to work and leave her in there.
I was a little shocked to see some worms in her stool but my neighbor said that most puppies have them. If anyone experienced these issues before, please leave some tips in the comments section. She has her first appointment at the Hickam Vet next Tuesday. All this new caring stuff is new to me! Any suggestions are welcomed.

CONGRATS Dad! You better start reading up on Potty training.
ReplyDeleteOh Maya's so adorable! Puppies chew so don't leave stuff around that you don't want chewed on. Enjoy doggy parenthood, it's fun!! The best thing is coming home to their unconditional love.
ReplyDelete