Wednesday, October 29, 2008

TUESDAY HAMMERFEST - PRO TRIATHLETE - INSANE IN THE MEMBRANE!

As the usual Tuesday lunchtime hammer fest, you never know who will show up to ride. You always got to bring your "A" game and be alert! With Dev being TDY, Jeff having family in town, I decided to just go ahead and get a good workout in. I have been running quite a bit lately and ran in the morning. I got home at lunch and grab my time trial bike aka: "Da Tranny" (Specialized Transition). Cory mentioned he cant draft to much behind it since their s nothing of the bike.

This is what it felt like in our pace line of 5 on the first loop to tower

As I roll to the gym, I stop to say hello to Chris Larson who is unloading his bike. He says "Ben this is Tim Marr". I say hello and mentioned that I used to see him and his brother Kris when they were younger swimming with their dad in Mililani. Tim is now Hawaii's top pro triathlete and just competed in his first Ironman World Championship this month in Kona. He finished 15th overall and the 3rd American in a time of 8 hours and 48 mins.
The ride starts with a warm up thru housing and nce we hit the main drag its "hang on for dear life" mode. I see Bryant make the first attack and get on his wheel. We took turns pulling in excess speeds of 31mph! Eventually Tim and Chris come up and its all out attack into the wind. Overall we all enjoyed a safe and fast ride. Tim made the comment that he really likes the Transition and will ride one next season. Also, bring your "A" game next Tuesday as he really enjoyed the ride and wants to return...

5 comments:

  1. Ha, my new nickname for you is 'The Tranny'...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn, wish I could have been there to try and hang on. At least I'll be well rested when I return. Is Papa picking on you? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Papa is just going through some winter blues. It's snowing in Philly! I just looked outside and its about 78 degrees, think I'll ride the Tranny! LOL! Damn, I can't find my arm warmers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds fun...i'm really going to get my ass handed to me when i try to ride this tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey brah! Welcome back! Glad that you had a safe deployment. Maybe we can grab a meat salad or corn dog! LOL! How about just coffee then?

    ReplyDelete