A PISS POOR WAY TO MAKE A BUCK...
What started out as a Black Friday shopping day soon turned RED for me. Dev and I decided to do some Christmas shopping at Wal Mart at 0500 this morning. I got up at 0330 and picked him up at 0400. When we got to Wal Mart the line was pretty much around the block. Stopped at Starbucks and got in line. We probably waited an hour to get in and got several items that were on sale without no major hassles. When we left Wal Mart I said lets go to Best Buy then grab some breakfast and wait until the bike shop to open. I parked across the street where the sign said "2 Hours" parking. This was at 0700. I got some items at Best Buy and on the way out I noticed that my Ford Focus was hooked up to a tow truck. I approached the driver who drove for
ACE TOWING and said why are you towing my vehicle? He said State Law...
Read the paragraph after $15.00
I looked at the sign and it said 2 hours and it was 0755! The driver said to call the police and basically flipped me off. Dev ran over and grabbed the sheet of paper on my window. It said "Final Warning" WTF? I never got a first warning. I called the tow company and the bitch was rude as hell. She said to bring $182.50 cash to get vehicle back.
There went this mornings Christmas fund... Lucky we live Hawaii!
Now if you are reading this blog feel free to post your comments.
First of all I parked at 0705, at 0712 they call it in. 0758 I see the tow truck hooking up. Now on the receipt they gave me it states "If the vehicle is being in processed of being hooked or hooked, and the owner is on scene, the towing company shall unhook the vehicle, and not charge any fee to the owner of the vehicle". We were on scene and I even talked to the driver, I had to call Jeff to rescue us and provide a ride back to the base. When I got to the tow yard I paid my bill for the 1 hour they had my vehicle.
Violation: Trespass
Hook Up Charge: $75.00
$7.50 per mile (11 miles): $82.50
1 Day Storage Fee: $25.00
Total: $182.50
Look at the times of my 2 reciepts, my ATM reciept from Waimalu Shopping Center says 0809. 1 hour and 9 mins after I arrived. That doesn't equal up to 2 hours.
ACE TOWING and said why are you towing my vehicle? He said State Law...
I looked at the sign and it said 2 hours and it was 0755! The driver said to call the police and basically flipped me off. Dev ran over and grabbed the sheet of paper on my window. It said "Final Warning" WTF? I never got a first warning. I called the tow company and the bitch was rude as hell. She said to bring $182.50 cash to get vehicle back.
Now if you are reading this blog feel free to post your comments.
First of all I parked at 0705, at 0712 they call it in. 0758 I see the tow truck hooking up. Now on the receipt they gave me it states "If the vehicle is being in processed of being hooked or hooked, and the owner is on scene, the towing company shall unhook the vehicle, and not charge any fee to the owner of the vehicle". We were on scene and I even talked to the driver, I had to call Jeff to rescue us and provide a ride back to the base. When I got to the tow yard I paid my bill for the 1 hour they had my vehicle.
Violation: Trespass
Hook Up Charge: $75.00
$7.50 per mile (11 miles): $82.50
1 Day Storage Fee: $25.00
Total: $182.50
Now as I left the most rude, unprofessional place of business the back wheel of the car was making a loud knocking / rubbing noise. Great.... I called USAA and they are going to assist me with the repairs, and will call my legal office on Monday for advice or solution. The only saving grace is I have receipts from 2 places of business in that parking lot from 0705 to 0800. The only words I can say is this is a poor display of ACE TOWING making a buck during the holiday season.
ACE Towing
1040 Makepono Street
Honolulu, Hawaii 96819
(808)847-7811
1040 Makepono Street
Honolulu, Hawaii 96819
(808)847-7811
Thanks to Jeff and Amanda for picking me up while stranded. Dev, thank for bringing me to the impound yard.


I understand your frustration for this issue, it is a huge bummer to have to pay for the towing.
ReplyDeleteI think i know what got you on this, it wasnt the 2 hour parking, it was the customer only part.
Most likely on a day like Black Friday they had a guard looking for people parking cars in that lot vice the Best Buy lot.
Still sucks but thats what my thoughts went to.