Work was busy all week as my boss went out of town so I had to hold down the fort which also included several high school career fairs. On Monday I arrived at Radford High School and saw this sign called "Bully Free Classroom"! Man, schools have changed quite a bit since I graduated in 1984. On Tuesday I went over to Aiea High School and I had a chance to answer questions from the students about the Coast Guard.
This should be a short week as Thanksgiving is on Thursday and I am taking leave on Friday to "Shop" for Christmas presents early Friday morning. If weather holds up, maybe jump on the bike for several hours to burn off the pumpkin pie from the day prior.

Awright Cuz....shopping for the deals the day of TG..I see your shopping experiences with me haven't scared you away. I taught ya well. LOL. I hope we could shop again soon. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!
ReplyDeleteDo you have to explain your chest full of medals to the high schoolers? Seems like a good way to explain how you can join the Coast Guard and see the world (ooooh, that may be a different branch of service).
ReplyDeleteJerry,
ReplyDeleteMost of the time I get "Whats that medals for" question. It's pretty cool because each one has a story behind them. Its a good way to talk about my past experiences to them. We also see the world so no worries on saying NA#Y!!! LOL