GOING GREEN - SUNDAY RIDE 09 NOVEMBER
With all the talk about going green I decided to do my part. Yesterday I made the decision to run to and from work twice a week. It's exactly 5.8 miles door to door and would give me a 11 mile run. I headed out to work at 0700 through the Porter gate (Hickam AFB and Pearl Harbor Naval Station) to Kam Hwy. It wasn't a bad commute, actually it was nice. Made it to work by 0745.
With all the talk about going green I decided to do my part. Yesterday I made the decision to run to and from work twice a week. It's exactly 5.8 miles door to door and would give me a 11 mile run. I headed out to work at 0700 through the Porter gate (Hickam AFB and Pearl Harbor Naval Station) to Kam Hwy. It wasn't a bad commute, actually it was nice. Made it to work by 0745.
With the marathon looming in several weeks this forces myself to get more miles in. Actually yesterday at lunch my boss heard me saying "maybe someone can drop me off at home at lunch" so that I could get my car. She said no, your running home. I'm glad that I did. It took me only 20 seconds slower to run home at 1500 in the heat so mission accomplished. This week I up my running to over 30 miles and feel pretty darn good. I'm still packing the calories in to stay healthy and prevent sickness. In fact I am about to join Dev on a short 8 mile run this morning.Dev and I plan to ride tomorrow morning at 0630, Nov. 9th, start from the Hickam Gym. We plan on riding out to Barbers Point for a nice recovery spin. If you would like to join in, meet us behind the gym parking lot.
Time to run...

No comments:
Post a Comment